Oh just what would a woman do without accessories on her wedding day? And if women are going all out when it comes to wedding accessories then why should men be left behind? Worry not grooms, as we bring you your ultimate guide to the perfect accessories that make you look just right for your big day.
1. Brooch – When wearing ethnic like a sherwani, achkan, dhoti kurta or a kurta pajama or any other ethnic wear, a simple or a studded brooch on it would be like the icing on the cake.
2. Pagdi or turban – Need a royal look? A perfect bead studded turban with a brooch, or an even a simple feather not only gives your look a royal touch but also makes sure all eyes are on you. And the color of the turban must be just right to match with your attire.
3. Beaded neck wear – An elegant look can be effectively achieved with a long chain or a beaded necklace that nicely compliments your traditional look.
4. Juti – Grooms now have different kinds of Jutis to choose from like the Mojris or salim shahi, just match the right color and you are good to go!
5. Sword / Kirpan – Carry a sword or kirpan by your side and your royal look is complete. It will make you look traditional and well done up.
6. Dupatta – A dupatta in the contrasting color worn with the sherwani adds the right kind of charm to your look. Its easy to carry and can be draped around the neck or can be worn on the shoulder of one arm going around the waist and the other end wrapped around the other hand. A dupatta matching your bride’s attire would make the two of you look picture perfect.
7. Pocket square – A pocket square accentuates the beauty of a sherwani in an unexpected way. It can either be matched with the overall attire or can also be contrasting to the shade of the sherwani. A rightly matched pocket square is sure to turn heads.